So, I've decided to join my first challenge! As the picture shows, this is the YA Historical Fiction Challenge, and it is hosted by YA Bliss.
I'm not a big reader of historical fiction, though there have been some recent titles in that genre that I've enjoyed. I thought this would be a great challenge to participate in, as it's a bit of a stretch for me, but still keeps me within my general reading comfort zone.
I've decided to try for Level 2 of this challenge, which means I will try to read 10 YA Historical Fiction titles in 2011.
The books I will read for the challenge aren't set in stone, but I thought I would come up with some titles that I can work from -- ones I've been interested in reading or that I just discovered and thought looked good. Some of these titles are already out, and some won't be released until next year.
- Bright Young Things - Anna Godbersen
- The Queen's Daughter - Susan Coventry
- A Countess Below Stairs - Eva Ibbotson
- Prisoner's in the Palace - Michaela MacColl
- Chains - Laurie Halse Anderson
- Princess of the Midnight Ball - Jessica Day George
- Steel - Carrie Vaughn
- What I Saw and How I Lied - Judy Blundell
- The Vespertine - Saundra Mitchell
- The Season - Sarah MacLean
Interested in participating in this challenge? Click on the banner above, or go here.