Today I want to take the time to thank not just one person, but the two amazing people who thought of me last week and awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award. Many thanks go out to Aimee from A Book Dork & Sarah from Mistress of the Library. I still find it so cool that people check out my blog, let alone that they would recognize my blog as great.
The rules of this award are to share 7 things about yourself, and then pass the award on to bloggers you think are great, letting them know you've passed the award on to them. I know a lot of people get uptight about awards and the restraints of accepting them, so what I'm going to do is share the 7 things, and then just make a short list of some awesome blogs I think you should definitely check out.
1. I'm left handed, even though neither of my parents are. I love being left handed, and for some reason I take great pride in it, even though it means that nearly everything in the world inconveniences me.
2. My grandparents on my Mom's side were born in Holland, and I LOVE Dutch candy and pastries. I desperately want to visit Holland and meet all my relatives there.
3. Before going into library school I can honestly say I didn't really know everything that a librarian does. I just knew I loved books/reading, and that I also enjoyed organization and research. Turns out the program was a perfect fit for me -- thank goodness.
4. I'm a huge history geek, but I prefer watching documentaries or listening to lectures about it. I've only picked up 1 or 2 non-fiction historical books since finishing my undergrad (specialization in history).
5. I discover more and more every time I meet a dog how much of a cat person I am. I like dogs, but I LOVE cats. They're so hilarious and snarky and condescending, and they just know how awesome they are. My Mom & I have two cats, Cinder & Tatum:
6. I think I read more YA now than I did when I was an actual teenager, possibly because I think the best YA has been coming out over the past 5 years. Sarah Dessen and Meg Cabot are two exceptions to this, as I've been reading them since high school.
7. Besides reading/blogging I don't really have many hobbies. I can cross stitch, and that's about it. I'm a total homebody, and I would rather just sit at home and watch way too much TV (Vampire Diaries tonight, anyone? I'm so there).
And now for the awesome bloggers. Here are just a few examples of the great blogs that I really enjoy reading: