1. Sorry about the lighting/glare -- I tried from several angles and that was actually the best.
2. After watching this back I realized I didn't really need to mention where I'm from. I'm pretty sure the massive amounts of hockey paraphernalia in the background speaks for itself (yes, I'm totally aware the Leafs suck, haha, but I'm pretty sure my Dad would've disowned me if I cheered for any other team -- and I'm only partially kidding ;)).
3. Apparently I lisp weirdly while reading out loud (?).
4. Do I have an accent?? Watching this back I think I actually do sound different than the typical American accent, but I'm not sure. I'm so curious what you think.
Accent Vlog Instructions
- Where are you from?
- Do you think you have an accent?
Read this list of words:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
- Read a short passage from a book