Top Ten Books That Should Be In A Beach Bag
Your perfect beach reads!
My list is a combination of books that have beach settings and simply books that are perfect to read while relaxing on the beach.
1. Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park -- Though this takes place during the academic year it is a perfect book to dive into during the summer. This is a book that has a bit of everything, but I dare you not to fall in love with the romance.
2. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson -- This book epitomizes summer as it takes you along on a road trip across the United States. Some tough issues are addressed, but I absolutely love the slowly developing romance between Amy and Roger.
3. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler -- Amazing beach setting in a brilliant debut novel. It's absolutely gut wrenching at times, but then also funny and sweet. I really adore this one and it's definitely on my summer 'to re-read' list.
4. Carpe Diem by Autumn Cornwell -- An absolutely hilarious novel that chronicles the travels of Vassar Spore through Southeast Asia. Let's just say that an uptight germaphobe overachiever does not mix well with world travel. Despite all the insanely funny antics this is also a story with an incredible amount of heart.
5. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen -- This is one of my favourite Dessen books, and I loved revisiting the beach town of Colby. The connection between Eli and Auden is amazing.
6. Death by Bikini by Linda Gerber -- The first in the 'Death By' trilogy, this volume features a remote tropical island, a very cute boy, and - oh yes - a murder to solve. A very fun read with a mystery that is intriguing and thrilling.
7. Lovestruck Summer by Melissa Walker -- This book? Don't judge it by its cover. While the book is a perfectly fun and awesome summer read, it's actually centred around the music scene in Austin.
8. Getting Lost With Boys by Hailey Abbott -- Another road trip novel! This was always my favourite of Hailey's 'Boy' books. Light and fluffy and perfect for summer.
9. Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton -- A summer beach setting and a perfectly sweet, but realistic, story about first love.
10. Cruel Summer by Alyson Noel -- Colby starts off as a bit of a brat, but as she spends her summer in Greece she begins to accept herself and the things that have happened in her life. There's a cute romance, and I really enjoyed the setting.
Which books are you taking in your beach bag this summer? I can't wait to check them out.