I love me some YA (duh!), but I also love books with older YA characters -- those ones that qualify as "new adult" ... that age where the characters aren't quite part of general fiction, but don't belong in high school either. So I'm thrilled that Danya is hosting a New Adult reading challenge for 2012.
I think I'll aim for the "Moving Out" level, which is 6 books, but we'll see!
Here are some books I'm thinking about reading:
- I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak
- Jane by April Lindner
- Charmed Thirds, Fourth Comings, & Perfect Fifths (aka the Jessica Darling books I haven't read) by Megan McCafferty
- The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- Chicagoland Vampires series (starting with 'Some Girls Bite') by Chloe Neill
- Shifters series (starting with 'Stray') by Rachel Vincent
And here are some suggestions of AWESOME books that qualify for the challenge:
- The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta (gorgeous!!)
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman (Adam!!)
- Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park (have I mentioned how much I love this?!)
- Secret Society Girl series by Diana Peterfreund (so. much. love. I really should write a review for these because I ADORE them)
- Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine (technically Claire is high school age, but she's a college student, and the other 3 are graduated; love!!)
- Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley (AMAZING, I can't wait until it's released over here)
- Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard (I totally want to re-read this and it's not even released yet)
I've also made a Goodreads shelf for New Adult books I've read and for ones that are on my TBR list. You can find the shelf here.
Click here or on the banner to see more details and to sign up for the challenge.