It's Week Two of the 'Some Girls Bite' read-along and I'm psyched to be taking part. The read-along is being hosted by Jenny, Tina, Rummanah, & Missie, and you can find out more details about the read-along by clicking on the banner above.
Here are the questions for Chapters 5 - 8:
1. In what is a make you blush, steamy scene in the book- Chapter 5 has Ethan and Merit sharing a few hot moments after Merit's hunger strikes...that is until Ethan becomes a total cad! What do you think of him so far? Strong, masterful vampire, conceited playboy.....lover boy in disguise?
Honestly I was like "are you fracking kidding me?!?!" (sorry, been watching a lot of Battlestar lately) ... it's like this whole vampire world with Masters and hierarchy is so hard for me to accept. I get the appeal of Ethan, and I feel like he's going to get much better in the future, but at this moment?? What a presumptuous so and so. But okay, upon further reflection I don't think he's a total jerk. I think his position, his long life, and him being ensconced as a Master in this crazy vampire world have skewed his perception. He really thinks what he's offering is an honour, instead of the horrible insult that it is to Merit.
2. Merit and Mallory begin some major training in these next few chapters, resulting in cool Katana Sword facts and Ninja moves. What is the most physically challenging or adrenaline fueled event/activity you have participated in?
Oh gosh. I have never ever been a sports or outdoor person, so I don't really have a lot of experiences to choose from. The one really cool thing I've done is gone whitewater rafting. It was so long ago, but I remember it being a lot of fun and a lot of work, with all the paddling you have to do when you're not in the rapids.
3. Mallory and Catcher have sparks so intense they almost fly off the page.....what do you think of this cozy couple? Did you like the insta-love between them? Do they add to the story?
Honestly, they kind of bore me. I like Catcher by himself, but the insta-love is kind of annoying. I believe in insta-connections, but insta-love? Not so much. And him suddenly being a constant presence was just kind of weird. I think both characters add to the story in different ways, but putting them together like that just seems like a convenient way to tie two important characters together.
4. Lets talk Bff's....Mallory is hands down a terrific friend to Merit, the girls relationship is real, down to earth and fun....not to mention hysterical. What is your favorite memory or favorite thing to do with your bff? Feel free to share pics!
Probably the coolest thing I've done with a friend is go to England together! But I have a lot of good memories with that same friend. We've written stories together, gone to concerts together.... just all kinds of cool stuff. In general when it comes to friends I'm really big on just hanging out together at home, like just talking or playing games (yes I am a huge board game nerd, and some video games too) and stuff like that.
5. Things are starting to heat up in the mystery department...the set up at Red, Morgan's flirty appearance.... Catchers vague answers......as correlation day gets closer for Merit do you think someone is out to get her...or maybe recruit her to another house? Or PS- feed her some more food...because goodnight this girl likes to eat!!!
I definitely think there is something big (conspiracy type of big) going on, and I feel like Merit is at the centre. I don't know who is out to get her, but I have a feeling they will keep trying to hurt her. As for why is Merit the catalyst? Totally not sure.
And re: Merit's love of food - so awesome! Considering all the shaming of food that goes on in a lot of books it's refreshing to hear about a heroine who loves to eat. Of course it's convenient that she can't gain an ounce from all that delicious food now that she's a vampire, but I suppose that's another story altogether. =b