Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Top Ten Book Romances That You Think Would Make It In The Real World (outside the book)
1. Zachary/Aura from Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready:
These two were the first couple I thought of. EPIC SWOON. They were a slow burn, and they worked hard to be together, and they absolutely translate to the real world.
2. Anne/Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery:
I mean, OBVIOUSLY. These two have clearly been meant to be since the chalkboard incident.
3. Anna/Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins:
They are each others homes. They protect each other, and they are best friends. It doesn't get more real than that.
4. Violet/Jay from The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting:
They would definitely make it long term in the real world because they understood and loved each other as friends before becoming something more.
5. Wes/Macy from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen:
I could see a lot of Dessen couples working, but especially these two. They've already been through tough situations and they know how to communicate and to appreciate and hold on to the good in their lives.
6. Adam/Mia from If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman:
Talk about going through a lot. These two made their way back to each other, and their passion and shared history would keep them going.
7. Jordan/Sam Henry from Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally:
I'm clearly a sucker for BFF love, because I see Jordan and Henry lasting outside the book. They know and understand one another, and they just fit.
8. Taylor/Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta:
SO MUCH. Close to the end of the book Hannah asks why they have to be so intense/serious about each other, and it's like they just have to be. Taylor and Jonah are already bound together by more than their feelings... it's their experiences, and the deep emotion that comes with them.
9. Amy/Roger from Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson:
I absolutely see a HEA for these two. They became friends and bonded so deeply, and I see both of them working together to make it happen. They know what crappy relationships are like, and they also know how special their connection is.
10. Amy/Jamie from Secret Society Girl series by Diana Peterfreund:
I don't want to say too much because it would really spoil the series, but let's just say that their relationship was a major work in progress, and where it ended up was perfect. This definitely feels real, and I adored them together.
I had so much fun picking these book couples that I could see making it in real life. I love that this week's topic was in honour of Jamie's wedding -- congrats Jamie!
Can't wait to see everyone else's lists so I can swoon some more! ;)