Top 10 Books I’m Looking Forward To in 2013
This is the one category where I didn't feel like I could stick even close to only 10 books. So many of the 10 I initially wrote down were the conclusion or continuation of favourite series, which is great. But what about those titles I've already had the pleasure of reading that deserve to be spotlighted? And what about the new standalones or starts to new series? They're definitely equally as exciting. So here are the books I'm most looking forward to in 2013, separated into 3 sections.
The releases I've already read & adored:
1. The Madness Underneath (Shades of London #2) by Maureen Johnson
I loved The Name of the Star, and this sequel is pretty much as good. Warning: the ending may cause you some therapy hours.
2. Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer
I loved this one so much that I had to add it to my Top 10 of 2012. Possibly even better than Cinder.
3. Breaking Point (Article 5 #2) by Kristen Simmons
This sequel to Article 5 is incredibly action-packed and interesting.
4. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
I am a huge fan of Gayle's, and this book is just fabulous. It has left me dying for the sequel, written from the guy's POV.
5. Shadowlands by Kate Brian
I have been a fan of Kate Brian/Kieran Scott for SO long now, and I was thrilled to read this one early. Let me say that the ending was crazy!
6. Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally
This was easily one of my most anticipated for 2013, and now that I've read it I can say that I enjoyed it as much as Miranda's previous books.
Additions to series I'm a huge fan of:
1. Just One Year (Just One Day #2) by Gayle Forman
See above, re: Just One Day. I need to get into Willem's head!!
2. Boundless (Unearthly #3) by Cynthia Hand
Team Tucker! In all seriousness I can't wait to see what happens with all the angels and their purposes.
3. Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Taherah Mafi
Okay I still haven't finished book 1.5, but I am super curious what will happen next!
4. The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3) by Richelle Mead
More Sydney/Adrian is needed pronto. 'Nuff said.
5. Requiem (Delirium #3) by Lauren Oliver
Okay I saw the ending to Pandemonium coming miles away and yet it still made my heart stutter. I need this book nowwwww!
6. Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3) by Cassandra Clare
I can't possibly see a happy ending to this, I am deathly afraid of what will happen, but I will basically need to inhale this as soon as it's released. I am Team Don't Make Me Choose.
7. Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2) by Robin LaFevers
Loveddd Grave Mercy, so I'm very psyched for this one. More assassin nuns is always a good thing.
8. The Rising (Darkness Rising #3) by Kelley Armstrong
Eeeep, so excited to connect the Darkest Powers/Darkness Rising characters!
9. Star Cursed (Cahill Witch Chronicles #2) by Jessica Spotswood
The ending of Born Wicked kind of killed me, so I am incredibly curious about what will occur in this one.
10. Currently Untitled (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth
Holy moly, I am definitely intrigued to see what happens here after the big reveal at the end of Insurgent.
Standalones/Start of a New Series:
1. Mind Games by Kiersten White
Alternating POV from sisters with super powers. Sounds fab!
2. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Josh and Isla, yes please. So excited to check out their story, and to see it connected with Anna/Etienne & Lola/Cricket (counting this as a standalone because of it being a companion book rather than a series).
3. Canary by Rachele Alpine
The whole summary reminds me of a Friday Night Lights episode. It's a sports book about the power those important town figures have, and what speaking up about assault might result in.
4. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
I am a Dessen fangirl, so of course I am bouncing off the walls in anticipation of this one.
5. When You Were Here by Daisy Whitney
I really enjoyed The Mockingbirds & The Rivals, and the emotions within them, and this story sounds incredibly moving as well.
6. Dirty Little Secret by Jennifer Echols
Friends turned lovers & country music!!! Yes please times a zillion.
7. The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler
It's Sarah Ockler, so of course it's going on my TBR list. Add in a plot about sisters and a group of heartbreaking brothers and you can colour me intrigued.
8. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
An accidental email correspondence with a movie star that turns into something more? So good!!
9. Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland
Summer romance with an off-limits boy, and what sounds like a tough friendship story as well.
10. The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston
A girl in witness protection because of something her father did or saw, and the boy who is too smart for his own good. Oooh...